Cloud engineer is a part of Cloud Ops team, supports Technical Architect and work closely with SRE. Engineer helps to create and maintain cloud platform with special focus on configuration, automation and security. Ensuring proper availability of existing services and participates in developing new strategies with highest level of profitability.
Home Office up to 100%
- Assist Architects in the design phase and build out our cloud-native or ready infrastructure capability through the adoption of third-party products/services and engineering of bespoke solutions where necessary
- Critically evaluate architecture, processes, and methods of working and work to improve their efficiency in collaboration with the technical architect
- Able to evaluate third party products for viability considering concerns such as security, cost, and functionality
- Build the code to instantiate platform using blueprints/designs from the architects
- Develop across key technologies such as Kubernetes, Infrastructure as Code (Terraform), serverless microservices and other AWS managed services
- Develop across key DevSecOps domains such as: deployment; security; logging/monitoring/observability; recovery/resilience; and automation (check with SRE/arch)
- Contribute to continuous FinOps optimization to ensure the best quality / cost ratio in relationship with site reliability engineers and platform engineers.
- Propose optimizations to the directors (RM, SDM, CORP).
- Occasionally involve in customer needs during presales, build, and run periods to support Run Manager, Service Delivery Manager or Technical Architect.
- Continuous improvement of best of breed capability - infrastructure, processes, platform, products
- Facilitate cross-function communication and work closely with products to ensure that capability and processes are aligned to their needs and strategic goals
- Assist the Site Reliability Engineers during testing prior go live or major change.
- Ensure capability meets the required standards that SaaS & Cloud Services need to conform to (e.g. ISO 27001) and conformity to those standards can be clearly demonstrated and evidenced (also for SRE / tec architects)
- Apply a security by design mindset. This includes cyber security and Disaster Recovery.
- Deliver a high-quality handoff of infrastructure and services to SREs, and in case of escalation by SRE, provide out of hours support in exceptional circumstances or where quality has been deemed to be insufficient
- Develop, smoke test, and deliver the updated code to Site Reliability Engineers. Also ensure the code is well documented and production ready.
- Ensure that our design, code & related processes are documented
- Training / Mentoring (CCoE): Working with different products and functions teams to help them along their cloud journey and deliver on our cloud first strategy and actively share knowledge within S&CS teams to develop cloud skills
- Keep up with industry trends and applies new best practices back into service and process design (also for architects)
Platform Engineer Skills:
- Software integration in a live environment for multiple customers (Application solution, middleware, monitoring and security),
- Cloud (mainly AWS) EC2, S3, Route 53, RDS, EFS, IAM….
- Infrastructure as code Terraform
- System: Linux, other experience will be the advantage
- Container Architecture and associated tooling: Docker, Kubernetes, Istio (service Mesh), Helm
- Good network and security knowledge (Endpoint management, certificates, encryption, key management)
- Security/Authentication: TLS, OAuth, zero trust architecture,
- Platform automation scripting (Shell, Chef, Ruby, Python, Rust…) advanced coding skill is a real differentiator for the position,
- CI/CD continuous deployment with GitLab,
- AWS networks systems: DNS (route53), VPC (AWS), network security, Firewalls, ALB, NLB
- Databases: Basic DB management skills (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, Mongo DB) (Mostly managed services like RDS and MongoDB Atlas), Kafka (messaging/streaming), Redis (cache)
- Security: Scanning tools integration, system hardening, proof collection, security incident response.
What we offer:
- Interesting projects
- Private medical care
- MyBenefit platform (included the MultiSport Programme)
- Possible group life insurance
- Co-financing for kindergarten or nursery
- Internal and external trainings, certifications and participation in conferences
- Foreign language courses
- Healthy Office Snacks (fruits)
- Great atmosphere and a chance to work with inspiring people
If you would be interested in learning the details about the project I am mentioning here and taking part in the recruitment process - then I encourage you to send a CV containing the clause:
„I agree to the processing by Sopra Steria Polska Sp. z o.o. my personal data contained in my CV for the recruitment process and further recruitment processes.”