Working hours: Business hours
We are looking for Ruby on Rails Developers to join our teams – working closely with our clients on development of an innovative digital banking platform. Sopra Steria Apps Services is building distributed Agile teams in Katowice to deliver high-end, modern solutions and services.
Our solution is an innovative digital banking platform, offering comprehensive end-to-end banking services for clients, employees and partners. The platform is written as a microservices architecture and Open Architecture allows us to extend easily our service offering, but also integrate with external partners from the fintech world.
Ruby on Rails is the main technology for frontend and backend components. We have a growing pipe of new evolutions, with for instance the integration with innovative biometric payment cards or also a real-time SEPA payments. In our day-to-day operations we use Scrum and Agile.
Your mission will be to:
- Implement solutions and deliver high quality software based on Ruby on Rails
- Create, maintain and test software to enhance the solution and all related modules and services
- Review and improve our continuous integration and deployment
- Shape and apply our software standards of clean code and proven optimization techniques
- Help to define requirements, create software designs and translate them into code
- Provide thorough unit testing and support our QA team in fixing development issues
- Solid knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- At least 2 years of professional experience in development of web applications
- Academic degree in Computer Science or equivalent education
- Experience with Test Driven Development and strong focus on delivering quality
- High motivation and willingness to learn and apply new technologies
- Passion for an agile work culture
- Good interpersonal communication skills for tech and business conversations
- Communicative level in English (min. B2)
Nice to have:
- Experience in working with remote teams
- Experience in working in Agile/Scrum
What we offer:
- COOPERATION: UoP or B2B
- BENEFITS ON UoP: referral bonus, author's fees, life insurance, Luxmed, Mybenefit, access to educational platforms, language courses, among others
- DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES (UoP and B2B): certifications (paid for by the company plus bonus for successful passing, conferences Tech Lunches-author's meetings conducted by our specialists
The recruitment process in our company consists of two stages:
- a short phone call with a recruiter (30 min max)
- one hour long interview on Teams (with both general and technical questions)
Regardless of the decision, we always come back to the candidate with feedback.
If you find this offer interesting and you would like to learn more about the project, send us your up-dated CV in English containing the clause:
„I agree to the processing by Sopra Steria Polska Sp. z o.o. my personal data contained in my CV for the recruitment process and further recruitment processes.”