We are looking for Regular and Senior Ruby on Rails Developers to join our teams – working closely with our clients on development of an innovative digital banking platform. Sopra Steria Apps Services is building distributed Agile teams in Katowice to deliver high-end, modern solutions and services.
Our platform is written as a microservices architecture and our Open Architecture allows us to extend easily our service offering, as well as to integrate with external partners from the fintech world.
We use Ruby on Rails 5 as the main technical stack for frontend and backend components.
Your mission will be to:
• Implement solutions and deliver high quality software based on Ruby on Rails
• Create, maintain and test software to enhance the solution and all related modules and services
• Review and improve our continuous integration and deployment
• Shape and apply our software standards of clean code and proven optimization techniques
• Help to define requirements, create software designs and translate them into code
• Provide thorough unit testing and support our QA team in fixing development issues
• Solid knowledge of Ruby on Rails
• At least 2 years of professional experience in development of web applications
• Academic degree in Computer Science or equivalent education
• Experience with Test Driven Development and strong focus on delivering quality
• High motivation and willingness to learn and apply new technologies
• Passion for an agile work culture
• Good interpersonal communication skills for tech and business conversations
• Communicative level in English (min. B2)
Nice to have:
• Experience in working with remote teams
• Experience in working in Agile/Scrum